About factory reset
A factory reset clears the data partition of your device. This includes all user data as well as Home Assistant Core, Supervisor, and any installed add-ons.
The Home Assistant operating system stays on the system.
Resetting a device to the factory settings
- Make sure you do not lose your automations and configuration settings: Create a backup.
Shut down the system.
- Go to Settings > System, and in the top right corner, select the shut down icon. Select Shut down system.
- Wait for all LEDs to turn off, except the red power LED.
- Remove power from the system.
- Perform these steps in close sequence:
- Reapply power and make sure the system has an Internet connection.
- Within 5 seconds, press and hold the red button.
- Keep the button pressed until the yellow LED starts flashing.
- The Home Assistant operating system now downloads the Supervisor and the Core.
- Due to the downloads, it can take a while until Home Assistant becomes accessible again.